(via GetItDigital) has the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
available for $719.99. Compare at $1,149.00.
Check out Bryan's full review
of the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM lens for more information on this great general purpose lens.
Post Date: 8/6/2013 10:14:37 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: Modifications enabled with this firmware upgrade
- When NRW (RAW) images recorded in vertical (portrait) orientation at a Record orientation setting of Auto were played back, images did not rotate as the camera was rotated, even when Rotate tall was set to On. This issue has been resolved.
- When images captured in vertical (portrait) orientation at a Record orientation setting of Auto were played back, and playback zoom was applied with the camera rotated for vertical display with Rotate tall set to On, certain operations caused images to display irregularly or in the incorrect orientation. This issue has been resolved.
- When using the rotary multi selector to display the next image from the camera's memory, or a memory card, containing both photos and movies, operation sometimes seemed to stick and continuously advanced through images. This issue has been resolved.
- After shooting using the self-timer with Auto bracketing set to Tv or Sv with Self-timer: after release set to Stay in self-timer mode, autofocus stopped functioning. This issue has been resolved.
- When Image quality was set to NRW (RAW), NRW (RAW) + Fine, NRW (RAW) + Normal, or NRW (RAW) + Basic, and Continuous was set to Continuous, noise occurred in photos taken using the self-timer at a shutter speed of 1/4 s or slower with Long exposure NR set to On. Similarly, noise also occurred in photos taken using the self-timer at a shutter speed slow enough to activate long exposure NR with Long exposure NR set to Auto. This issue has been resolved.
Installation Instructions: Windows | Macintosh
COOLPIX P7100 Firmware 1.1: Windows | Macintosh
Amazon carries the Nikon COOLPIX P7100 digital camera.
Post Date: 8/6/2013 7:26:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
: No Compromises From the initial idea to develop a new high-end SLR lens family to the preparations to bring it to market, ZEISS has come a long and exciting way.
The development of the new high-end SLR lens family posed a special challenge for the ZEISS product managers. The design of the new high-performance lenses was mainly driven by the responsible product managers Nicole Balle, Dr. Michael Pollmann and Christophe Casenave. “An outstanding experience” is how they sum up their three years of hard work.
The most important requirement they had to fulfill was: make no compromises and create the best lens on the market. During the kick-off event, the team geared up for the endurance test that lay ahead of them by taking a hiking tour together. “There was a really special mood,” recalls Nicole Balle. “This assignment was truly extraordinary. Of course, we were all thrilled to be able to have so much freedom in developing a product. The work atmosphere was completely open. All ideas were welcome and were evaluated by the team.”
Read the entire article at the Zeiss Blog
carries Zeiss lenses
Post Date: 8/6/2013 7:08:22 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: August 6, 2013 An approximately 7.8x high-power normal zoom lens compatible with the Nikon DX format covering a broad range of focal lengths, from wide-angle to telephoto
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, an approximately 7.8x high-power normal zoom lens compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR high-power normal zoom lens covers the frequently used wide-angle 18mm to telephoto 140mm (equivalent to 27-210mm in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths, making it the perfect lens for a wide variety of scenes, from everyday snapshots to vacation portraits and landscapes. It is constructed of one ED lens element and one aspherical lens element for excellent optical performance that makes superior image quality and clear rendering possible throughout the entire zoom range. Further, the lens is equipped with the vibration reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops* faster. The benefits of this function are maximized even when used with a digital SLR camera boasting a high pixel count for excellent definition and superior rendering. It is also equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast and quiet autofocusing. This single lens, with its high-power zoom and excellent portability make it easy to use with a wide variety of photographic scenes and situations. AF-S NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Primary Features
- An 18-140mm, approximately 7.8x high-power normal zoom lens compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- An ED lens element and an aspherical lens element for optical design that achieves superior image quality and sharp rendering
- Equipped with the vibration reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops faster
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- A maximum diameter of approximately 78 mm, length of approximately 97 mm, and weight of approximately 490 g makes it small and light enough to take anywhere
*Measured in accordance with CIPA standards. Measurement performed using a DX-format digital SLR camera at the maximum telephoto position.
Adorama has the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens available for preorder.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 11:52:48 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: August 6, 2013 A compact and lightweight Speedlight that is easy to use
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the SB-300, a compact and lightweight Speedlight that can easily be taken anywhere.
The SB-300 is a compact and lightweight Speedlight that can be rotated up to 120° for bounce flash photography. It is compatible with Nikon FX-format and DX-format digital SLR cameras, as well as Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras that support i-TTL flash control. The SB-300 expands the ways in which users enjoy photography, providing lighting capability not possible with a built-in flash. SB-300 Primary Features
- The flash head can be tilted up 120° for excellent bounce flash performance
The flash head can be tilted up 120° for bounce flash photography. When shooting indoors, light from the flash can be reflected off walls and ceilings for softer lighting of the subject and more natural photos.
- A compact and lightweight design that is extremely portable
Measuring approximately 57.4 x 65.4 x 62.3 mm (W x H x D) and weighing approximately 97 g, the compact and lightweight, extremely portable design makes it possible for users to enjoy more creative lighting expression just about anywhere. Furthermore, the SB-300 can be powered by AAA alkaline batteries or AAA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.
- Simple operation
Developed for use by even those using an external flash for the first time, simply turning the SB-300 on enables flash photography. i-TTL flash control provides automatic control over flash output level for optimal results under a variety of lighting conditions.
Additional SB-300 Features and Functions
- Guide number: 18/59 (ISO 100, m/ft)
- FV lock function with which flash volume is determined based on monitor flashes and saved so that composition may be changed while maintaining the flash value (not supported by D5200, D5100, D5000, D3200, D3100, D3000, D60, or D40-series cameras; among COOLPIX cameras, only supported by the COOLPIX A)
- Flash color temperature information communication transmits flash color temperature information to the camera for optimal white balance control when a digital-SLR camera is used.
Adorama has the Nikon Speedlight SB-300 flash available for preorder.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 11:51:06 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Nikon: August 6, 2013 Nikon COOLPIX L620 A high-power zoom compact model equipped with a backside illumination CMOS sensor and 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens for simple capture of high-quality images at telephoto zoom positions or in dimly lit surroundings
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the L620. COOLPIX L-series cameras are easy to use and equipped with functions that make photography enjoyable.
The L620 is a high-power zoom compact camera equipped with a backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 18.1-million pixels that enables capture of images exhibiting little noise at the high sensitivities required for night landscapes and pictures taken indoors under dim lighting. The camera is also equipped with a 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a built-in lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function. The L620 also offers a number of advanced functions that enable simple capture of images as intended. Among these are Target Finding AF, with which the user need simply point the camera at the intended subject and the camera immediately identifies and focuses on the subject, Easy Auto mode, with which the camera automatically identifies the scene and shooting conditions to apply the optimal scene mode, an advanced red-eye correction function, and functions for recording movies. COOLPIX L620 Primary Features
- Backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 18.1-million pixels enables capture of images exhibiting little noise at the high sensitivities required for night landscapes and pictures taken indoors under dim lighting
- A 14x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 25 mm to telephoto 350 mm (equivalents in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths
- Automatic functions for simple capture of images as intended, and a variety of editing functions
- Recording of 1920x1080/60i movies with stereo sound
- A compact body that combines simple operation and beautiful design
- Powered by AA batteries readily available almost anywhere
Nikon COOLPIX S6600
A compact camera offering high-power zoom and vari-angle monitor for shooting from any angle
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the S6600, the first COOLPIX S-series model equipped with a vari-angle monitor.
As the first COOLPIX S-series model equipped with a side-hinged vari-angle monitor, the S6600 is capable of flexible shooting, from low angles to high, and even self portraits. It is also equipped with a Gesture Control function that allows the user to control the camera remotely by moving their hand when taking self portraits. The camera is equipped with a backside illumination CMOS image sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels that enables very little noise in images captured at high sensitivities, a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, and a 12x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with a closest focusing distance of just 2 cm for macro photography. With built-in Wi-Fi®, users can easily transfer images to smart devices such as smartphones and tablets.
COOLPIX S6600 Primary Features
- A vari-angle monitor that enables operation using gestures
- Built-in Wi-Fi® that makes connecting with others more fun through easy communications with smart devices
- Excellent basic performance for capture of images with superior image quality and detail
- A wide variety of shooting functions for capturing decisive moments
- Shooting and retouch functions, including advanced red-eye correction and 8 Glamour Retouch options
- Recording of movies with superior picture quality and stereo sound with the press of a button
Adorama has the Nikon COOLPIX L620 available for preorder.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 11:44:06 PM CT Posted By: Sean
has a Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera Bundle
available for an in-cart price of $599.00 with free shipping and 2% Rewards
. Bundle Includes:
- Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera
- Lexar 16GB Class 10, 200x Platinum II SDHC Memory Card
- Power2000 New LP-E6 Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery
- Manfrotto 394 Aluminum 4 Section Monopod
- Canon 2400 Camera Gadget Bag
Check out Bryan's full review of the Canon EOS 60D DSLR camera for more information.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 2:05:48 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via AdoramaCamera) has the Refurbished Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
available for $279.99 with free shipping. Compare at $699.00 new.
Check out our full review
of the Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens for more information.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 12:11:02 PM CT Posted By: Sean
is featuring the Transcend JetFlash 760 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
as a "Gold Box Deal of the Day" and is available for $18.99. Compare at $29.99.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 11:16:51 AM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Canon EOS 700D (Rebel T5i) DSLR Camera
available for $669.00. Compare at $749.00.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 8:46:43 AM CT Posted By: Sean
is featuring the Toshiba 16GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
as a Gold Box Deal of the Day and is available for $7.99.
They also have the Toshiba 32GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
Post Date: 8/5/2013 8:16:51 AM CT Posted By: Sean
(via AdoramaCamera) has the Refurbished Canon EOS 7D DSLR Camera
available for $859.99 with free shipping. Compare at $1,499.00 new.
Check out our full review
of the Canon EOS 7D for more information.
Post Date: 8/5/2013 7:58:55 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Several Lensbaby products
are on sale right now at Adorama
Adorama is also offering a free accessory kit (worth $129.95) with the purchsae of a Lensbaby Composer Pro with Double Glass Optic.
Free Accessory Kit Includes:
- Lensbaby 0.6X Wide Angle / 1.6X Telephoto Kit
- Lensbaby Macro Kit
- Lensbaby Creative Aperture Kit
Post Date: 8/5/2013 7:45:42 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Samyang: Samyang, Korean photographic equipment manufacturer, has been selling cine lenses for a long time. To fully satisfy our clients and meet their expectations, we have just released solid transport cases intended for such products. Buy a set of Samyang V-DSLR lenses and receive a free case as a bonus.
The cases will be available in two sizes. The bigger one will house a set of six camera lenses: Samyang V-DSLR 8mm T3.8 UMC Fish-eye CS II; 14mm T3.1 ED AS IF UMC; 24mm T1.5 ED AS IF UMC; 35mm T1.5 AS IF UMC; 85mm T1.5 AS IF UMC and 500mm f/6.3 DX Mirror. The smaller one is designed for our three most popular V-DSLR lens models: 14mm, 24mm i 35mm.
The cases provide a descent protection against dust, water splashes, impacts and mechanical damages. They have been made of PP plastics and are resistant to shocks and low temperatures. The cases are locked with two snap buckles which provide strong pressure and prevent accidental opening. Samyang cases are filled in with polyurethane foam to protect the gear against heavy impacts and prevent shifting. Each lens is placed in a specially cut out hole corresponding to its sizes. The larger case (400×320×180cm) weighs 3.2 kg; the smaller (330×310×148cm) weighs 1.65 kg.
Buy a set of three or six lenses and collect your free case from the manufacturer. You can also buy it as a standalone product - recommended retail prices in Europe are EURO 259 for the larger one and EUR 179 for the smaller one.
The new Samyang product is to be released within a couple of weeks. Adorama
carries Samyang lenses
Post Date: 8/5/2013 6:51:11 AM CT Posted By: Sean