From Adobe: Latest Creative Cloud Release Drives Deep Connections Between New Family of Mobile Apps and Enhanced CC Desktop Tools Via All-New Creative Profile LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Oct. 6, 2014
— At Adobe MAX 2014, the world’s leading creativity conference, Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced it is shipping a milestone release of Creative Cloud that transforms how creatives work across desktops and devices. This major release includes significant feature updates to 13 essential CC desktop tools that link to a new family of integrated mobile apps. In addition, the latest versions of Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC include breakthroughs in Touch support for Microsoft Windows 8 and Surface Pro 3. Central to this release is an all-new Creative Profile that drives deep connections between CC desktop tools and nine new mobile apps that extend the power of the Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and Premiere franchises onto mobile devices.
Adobe also launched a public beta of a Creative SDK that enables the delivery of mobile apps that connect to Creative Cloud, kick-starting a new era of third party app innovation for creative developers. The company also introduced Creative Talent Search, connecting creatives around the world with job opportunities from top brands and companies. These innovations and more will be demonstrated in today’s keynote session at Adobe MAX, beginning at 9:30 a.m. PT. To view the event via a live stream, visit: www.adobe.com/go/maxkeynote.
"The pace of innovation continues to accelerate with Creative Cloud and today we are introducing a new family of mobile apps that are deeply integrated with flagship CC desktop tools like Photoshop and Illustrator, and taking mobile devices into the creative mainstream,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media, Adobe. “Also, new capabilities such as Creative Talent Search show that Creative Cloud is evolving into an increasingly powerful resource for our millions of members.” All-New Creative Profile is Member’s Creative Identity Within Creative Cloud
This Creative Cloud release includes a new Creative Profile that connects creatives to their work, to the assets they use to create, and the communities that matter to them – no matter where they are. Files, photos, colors, brushes, shapes, fonts, textstyles, graphics and any other assets are always at their fingertips. This new Creative Profile moves with creatives from app-to-app and device-to-device, so assets automatically appear when they need them, in the right context. Mobile Apps Deliver New Creative Cloud Connections
This release includes radical new connections between essential CC desktop tools and a new family of mobile apps that extend the power of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Lightroom onto mobile devices. The line-up includes:This release includes radical new connections between essential CC desktop tools and a new family of mobile apps that extend the power of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Lightroom onto mobile devices. The line-up includes:
- In the Photoshop family, Photoshop Sketch lets creatives draw with new built-in expressive brushes and enables an integrated workflow with Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC. Updates to Photoshop Mix extend precise mobile compositing capabilities and now includes enhanced integration with Photoshop CC, as well as a new iPhone version. A new Lightroom Mobile app builds on integrated desktop and mobile workflows and includes features to allow clients, friends or family to select favorites and leave comments for photos shared online; and GPS information from iPhone photos now syncs with Lightroom desktop.
- In the Illustrator family, Illustrator Draw (formerly Adobe Ideas) gives users access to their favorite vector drawing tools and features in a modern, streamlined interface, high-fidelity integration with Illustrator CC and enhanced support for Adobe Ink and Slide. Illustrator Line, a precision drawing app, gives creatives new features for perfectly distributing shapes as they draw, plus the ability to send sketches to Illustrator CC where they have full access to their original vector paths for editing.
- In the Premiere family, the brand new Adobe Premiere Clip app easily transforms the video shot on iPhone or iPad into edited videos that are simple to share. Aspiring videographers can then send their compositions to Adobe Premiere Pro CC for advanced editing and finishing.
Adobe also introduced a new category of “capture” apps to create designs and bring them into creative workflows:
- Adobe Brush CC lets designers craft unique brushes, on iPad or iPhone, to use in Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC or Adobe Illustrator Sketch. Any photograph can be made into a brush, so creatives can quickly and playfully design beautiful, high-quality brushes that can range from photorealistic, to organic, painterly or graphic.
- Adobe Shape CC is a simple, unique and fun way to capture and create shapes on iPhone or iPad, wherever inspiration strikes. A high-contrast photo of anything - a chair, a pet, or a hand-drawn font - is converted into vector art that can be used immediately in Illustrator CC and Adobe Illustrator Line via Creative Cloud Libraries.
- Adobe Color CC (formerly Adobe Kuler) allows creatives to capture colors and save them as themes that are immediately available in other Adobe applications, including Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC.
These mobile apps work with all Creative Cloud plans, giving everyone – from freelancers to creatives in large organizations – access to all the benefits of a deeply integrated mobile and desktop workflow, connected via their Creative Profile. Adobe also launched the public beta of a Creative SDK that powers the delivery of new third party mobile apps that connect to Creative Cloud. Adobe Creative SDK is available at: www.creativesdk.adobe.com
. New Features for Essential CC Desktop Tools
This Creative Cloud release includes powerful new features for Adobe’s flagship creative desktop tools. Highlights include: Touch support on Windows 8 devices for key design applications; new 3D print features and enhanced Mercury Graphics Engine performance for Photoshop CC; a new Curvature tool in Illustrator CC; interactive EPUB support in InDesign CC; SVG and Synchronized Text support in Muse CC; GPU-optimized playback for viewing high resolution 4K and UltraHD footage in Premiere Pro CC; and HiDPI and new 3D support in After Effects CC. Through a member’s Creative Profile Adobe is driving frictionless creative workflows, with CC desktop tools able to access powerful new mobile apps and services. Building on the success of Creative Cloud capabilities such as file sharing, Behance and TypeKit, new services available today, include:
All-New Talent Search Connects Creatives with Job Opportunities
- Creative Cloud Market is a collection of high-quality, curated content that’s freely accessible to Creative Cloud members. Access and use thousands of professionally crafted files, including user interfaces, patterns, icons, brushes and vector shapes, to speed through desktop and mobile projects.
- Creative Cloud Libraries is a powerful asset management service that lets creatives easily access and create with colors, brushes, text styles and vector images through Creative Cloud desktop, mobile apps and services. Creative Cloud Libraries connects desktop tools like Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC to each other – and to companion mobile apps.
- Creative Cloud Extract is a cloud-based service that reinvents the Photoshop CC comp-to-code workflow for Web designers and developers, letting them share and unlock vital design information from a PSD file (such as colors, fonts and CSS) to use when coding mobile and desktop designs.
Adobe also launched Creative Talent Search today. Talent Search connects creatives across the globe with job opportunities from top brands and companies. Hiring managers using Talent Search are able to use advanced discovery tools to find the right talent for their job – for example, finding experts in Photoshop, who live in a specific city, and have worked in automotive design is easier than ever. Custom algorithms recommend candidates for roles and get smarter the more a recruiter uses the system. Also, public postings will advertise job opportunities to the millions of creatives on Behance. More information is available at: https://www.behance.net/talentsearch. Pricing and Availability
Today’s updates to Creative Cloud are expected to be available to Creative Cloud members by the end of the day as part of their membership at no additional cost. The new and updated mobile apps are free to everyone. More information will be available later today at: http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/mobile.html
The value of Adobe's Photoshop Photography Program
grows with each new feature that is added. And it's still only $9.99 per month (Photoshop CC + Lightroom).
From Profoto: October 6, 2014
– Profoto expands its assortment of umbrellas with six new models. The new models are unique on the market in that they are small and lightweight yet deep and parabolic.
Last year, Profoto introduced a new line of umbrellas, comprising twelve models in two shapes (deep and shallow) and three fabrics (white, silver and translucent).
Today, Profoto’s line of umbrellas is extended with six new models. The new models are unique on the market in that they are small and lightweight yet deep and parabolically shaped. This combination of size and shape creates a more focused and directed light than what you might expect from an umbrella of this size.
The smallest new Profoto umbrella is called Profoto Umbrella Deep S. It has a diameter of 85 cm (33 in) and is available in three fabrics (white, silver and translucent). The medium version is called Profoto Umbrella Deep M. It has a diameter of 105 cm (41 in) and is also available in three fabrics (white, silver and translucent).
The deeper and round shape is achieved by using as many as 16 umbrella rods. Like all other Profoto umbrellas, the fabrics have been selected to provide a superior quality of light over years of heavy-duty use, and the metallic elements have been surface treated to prevent rust and discoloration.
The silver versions create a very crisp and direct light with high light output, comparable with that of a hard reflector. The white versions create a softer yet direct light, perfect for portrait and beauty shots. The translucent versions create an even softer light and have a very wide light spread.
Optional diffusers are available for the silver and the white versions. An optional backpanel is available for the translucent version, which practically converts the umbrella into a softbox. B&H
carries Profoto Umbrellas
From the Carl Zeiss Lenses YouTube Channel:
Watch our time-lapse video on how to change the mount of a Compact Prime CP.2 lens shot at IBC 2014 in Amsterdam at our booth. In the video you can see how easy it is to exchange the lens's mount of an EF lens to PL mount. The-Digital-Picture.com's Take:
Sigma made headlines last year when it announced its lens conversion service
that allowed users to change brands without having to buy brand new lenses. Now Zeiss is highlighting similar functionality (although it looks like this quick-change mount design was built into its Compact Lens series long before Sigma announced their service).
Considering that two brands have the ability to change mounts, it got me thinking – how easy can 3rd party lens manufacturers make it? Will either one be developing a quick release system to make mount changes as simple as installing an extender? Then a user could easily buy different mounts for their lenses and simply replace them at home with no tools required.
And if that kind of feature could be implemented, would the incremental costs of development and manufacturing make it a worthwhile marketing ploy? [Sean] B&H
carries Zeiss Compact Cinema lenses
From the Adobe Photoshop YouTube Channel:
Photoshop Principal Product Manager Bryan O'Neil Hughes shows us how to use filters in Photoshop (and which not to use) in this episode of the Photoshop Playbook.
Adobe's Photoshop Photography Program
is a great value at only $9.99 per month (Photoshop CC + Lightroom).