From Rokinon: New York, NY – August 10, 2015
– Powered by Rokinon, XEEN is an all-new, professional grade cine lens system. It offers the professional optical quality, features, specifications, and performance that are expected of a superior cine lens system with a significantly lower price tag.
The initial three XEEN lenses consist of a 24mm, 50mm, and 85mm. All three feature a constant aperture of T/1.5 and Full Frame coverage. They will be available in mounts for Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony E, Micro Four Thirds and yes, even PL. Additional focal lengths are already scheduled to be introduced throughout 2015 and 2016. Features common to XEEN lenses appreciated by professionals include:
- 4K+ Ready Optics
- Full Frame Coverage
- Tightly Color Matched
- Durable All Metal Body
- Unified 40° Iris Rotation
- Unified 200° Focus Throw
- Large Easy To Read Markings
- Lens Support Mount (Except PL)
- 11 Bladed Diaphragm for Superb Bokeh
- Xeen Proprietary X-Coating Technology
- Unified 114mm Non-Rotating Front Diameters
- Dual Calibrated Right and Left Side Distance and T-Stop Scales
- Unified Focus and Aperture Gear Positions for Easy Follow Focus Use
- Mounts can be shimmed and are interchangeable by a qualified technician
- Incredibly smooth and fully damped movement of focusing and aperture controls
Engineered and optimized for high use professional cine and video applications, they are all backed by a Three Year Limited Warranty
, the longest in the industry.
All three focal lengths are immediately available for purchase from the following authorized XEEN by Rokinon dealers.
XEEN by Rokinon lens mechanics and optics are manufactured and precision assembled in Korea utilizing cutting edge techniques. Offering a MSRP of $2,995 each, they are extraordinary affordable when compared to other true cine lenses in their class. Preorders: Rokinon Xeen 24mm T1.5 LensRokinon Xeen 50mm T1.5 LensRokinon Xeen 85mm T1.5 Lens