Tuesday, February 17, 2015
: Get tips to attract clients and land more wedding gigs
It's hard to believe wedding season is just around the corner! To help you put your best foot forward, we've partnered up with Tamron to put together our latest guide, How to Grow a Wedding Photography Business. Get tips to attract the wedding clients you want, develop a solid pricing plan, and have your clients bubble over with excitement when it comes to your exceptional customer service.
In this guide you’ll also learn:
- How to screen for the best clients
- The most important thing to do when first starting out
- What to do on the big day to make an impression
- How to establish a strong brand identity
- Why your customer service should be above-and-beyond
- How to take natural looking photos
Plus get insights from 6 seasoned wedding photographers who share their tips to tackle the market and build a successful wedding photography business. Get the free guide.
Post Date: 2/17/2015 2:21:10 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Joe McNally has proven to be one of the most influential photographers of our time, even called “perhaps the most versatile photojournalist working today” by American Photo.
Over the years, Joe has learned invaluable lessons about creating fantastic work, the industry, and how to transverse shifts in technology while staying relevant. Join us for this special webinar as PhotoShelter’s Allen Murabayashi and Joe discuss his career, advice he would give to those just starting in the business, an inside look at some of his work and the stories behind the images.
In this webinar Joe & Allen will cover:
Tuesday, Feb. 10th
- Being successful with a “generalist” approach to photography
- Dealing with economic downturns and financial hardships
- Honest advice and inspiration for those just starting in the industry
- Adjusting to the physical demands of being a photographer
- A specific look at some of Joe’s most famous projects
Sign up today, space is limited! Register Now!
Post Date: 2/5/2015 2:33:12 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
In The 2015 Photo Business Plan Workbook
, get a step-by-step guide to help you implement a rock solid business plan, target the photo clients you want, and land more gigs. Download the guide today! Download the Free Guide
Post Date: 1/28/2015 9:58:19 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Ready to make 2015 your best year yet? The 2015 Photo Business Plan Workbook
is a step-by-step guide to help you create a strong business plan, target the clients you want, and make more money this year.
Inside the workbook, get strategies and examples to help you:
- Define your products & services
- Determine your audience and addressable market
- Create a marketing plan
- Fix your finances
- Tune-up your website
- Build your Search Engine Optimization
- Get social
- Create an advisory group
- Follow up with old clients
Build your photo business plan and stick to it this year. Get started with these smart business tips packed into an easy-to-read workbook. Get the free guide.
Post Date: 1/7/2015 11:33:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Friday, December 12, 2014
: Make 2015 count with tips from 50 photo influencers!
In The Inspiration Handbook: 50 Tips from 50 Photography Trailblazers
, award-winning photographers, recognized photo editors, and leading industry experts share their best advice to make 2015 a knockout year.
Get insights on all the key aspects of building and running your photo business, including:
- Growing your photo business
- Marketing your photography
- Mastering social media
- Embracing personal projects
- Understanding your finances
- Getting hired
You’ll hear from some of the most influential names in the business including David Burnett, Ami Vitale, Joe McNally, Zack Arias, Brad Smith, Alison Zavos, Jodi Cobb, David duChemin, Jeremy Cowart, and more. Get the Free Guide
Post Date: 12/12/2014 6:53:04 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
From Photoshelter: What are your plans for 2015?
It’s hard to believe 2014 is coming to a close. As PhotoShelter gears up for next year, we’d like to invite you to participate in our third annual survey, The Photographer’s Outlook on 2015
This survey will help us better understand your goals as a photographer, how you plan to spread the word about your work in 2015, plus any challenges you anticipate in the coming year. Take the Survey
Post Date: 11/19/2014 12:40:22 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
In The 2015 Photographer’s Guide to Photo Contests
, get a fresh look at over 25 photo competitions worldwide, including new insights on which photo contests are worth your time, and which you should skip.
Get details on a long list of photo contests, including:
- Sony World Photography Awards
- World Press Photo Contest
- PDN Photo Annual
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Smithsonian Photo Contest
- Communication Arts Photography Competition
- Pictures of the Year International
- Plus many more!
We award each contest a star rating based on factors like entry fee, prizes and promised exposure, plus give you direct feedback from recent winners to help steer you in the right direction. Get the free guide today!
Post Date: 11/12/2014 10:29:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Having trouble navigating copyright and social media sites' terms of service? You're not alone - this daunting task can be a tough one. In this special webinar panel with copyright expert Bill Cramer, founder and CEO of Wonderful Machine, and Kristine Hsu of Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts we'll discuss the key facts you need to know regarding copyright and what can be hidden in those lengthy terms of service on some of the most popular social media sites. Cramer and Hsu will dive into case studies from recent court cases involving photographers and their work, the best workflow practices to get your copyright registered, and much more.
Lead by PhotoShelter co-founder Allen Murabayashi, this free 1 hr webinar will cover:
- How often you should register your images for copyright
- What to do when someone has infringed your copyright
- Fair Use: what is it, and when is it legal?
- The in's and out's of image protection on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
Register now for this free webinar panel happening Thursday, Oct. 23 at 2:30pm ET
. Register Now
Post Date: 10/22/2014 8:01:48 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Thursday, October 9, 2014
: You decided you want to start making money from your photography, but now what?
In The Ultimate Guide to Starting Your Photography Business
, learn how to focus your niche, market your work, lock in clients, and manage your finances. Also hear from seasoned photographers on what it takes to turn your passion for photography into a thriving career.
In this guide, you’ll also learn:
- The 4 most important questions to ask before launching your business
- How to use social media to attract the audience you want
- Secrets to selling your work and bringing in revenue
- 11 essential tips all freelance photographers should know
- Plus more!
Whether you’re dreaming of shooting for high-end publications, opening your own brick-and-mortar studio, or documenting stories around the world, launching a successful career will require you to hone your business skills. This guide will help you make smart decisions moving forward and build the successful photo career you want.
Download your copy of The Ultimate Guide for Starting Your Photography Business
Post Date: 10/9/2014 11:47:03 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Light plays a huge role in creating the mood in environmental portraiture, and with your subject in the right light, you can nail the shot. In this webinar, co-sponsored by Manfrotto, award-winning NYC based photographer Tony Gale will deliver lighting techniques and tips you can take with you to your next shoot.
From this webinar you'll walk away with advice about how to enhance the mood in your images by using strobes, softboxes, and Tony's favorite: the Elinchrom Ranger Quadra. He'll touch on metering, why using a color checker is an important tool for a better shot, and how to scout for the best locations for telling your subject's story.
This hour will cover:
- Choosing the right location for your shoot
- Using a meter for a more enhanced shot
- Indoor and outdoor lighting tips and set ups
- Using a color checker for a more accurate image
Post Date: 10/7/2014 2:42:42 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
We’ve partnered up with Mad Mimi for our latest guide, How to Market Your Photography
! Inside, get tips to create a marketing plan, tackle SEO, blog better, succeed with social media, and take advantage of email marketing. Learn to market your photography better and get the audience you want. Download the guide today! Get the Free Guide
Post Date: 9/17/2014 11:42:56 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Monday, September 8, 2014
: It's never too early to jumpstart your holiday sales!
What does September signal? Most think back-to-school, but here at PhotoShelter we know it's really about getting ready for your incoming holiday sales. It's never too early to start planning, so to help you get a jumpstart, we've compiled our favorite photo sales and marketing tips so you can generate more revenue and increase your profits before saying goodbye to 2014.
You'll find tips to:
- Sell and market your prints to the right audience
- Talk money and negotiate with clients
- Market your work better with 10 examples of great photographer promos
- Price your wedding and portrait photography
- Sell your fine art photos, plus get insights from those succeeding with sales
- And more!
And better yet? With a plan in place now, you’ll be in great shape during the holidays when consumers are looking to buy.
Get more tips and start selling today! See Photoshelter's Selling and Marketing Tips
Post Date: 9/8/2014 12:11:44 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
In follow up to our recent guide, Breaking into Fashion Photography, we're delighted to partner up with BREED once again for our next webinar with esteemed fashion photographer Melissa Rodwell, and a newcomer to the scene, the talented Dana Pennington. Tune in as they dish out advice for veterans and those looking to break into the fashion photo industry alike. In this webinar you’ll learn about:
- Marketing tactics fashion photogs can take to attract the attention of photo editors
- The social media platforms that are worth your time
- Whether you should still have a printed portfolio
- What job opportunities exist outside of major fashion publications
- The best way to approach modeling agencies for test shoots
- And much more!
BREED will also be giving away a special free 1-year subscription to their premium content to a lucky listener, as well as a special offer to those who tune into the webinar. Register Now!
Post Date: 9/3/2014 2:39:35 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
: What words would you use to describe your photography brand?
Fun? Reliable? Adventurous? If you struggle to answer, our guide, 10 Branding Secrets for Photographers, will help you define and build a strong brand that will set you apart from the competition and attract the clients you want.
In this guide, you’ll also learn:
- How to communicate your photographic style and personality
- How to determine what aspects of your business are unique
- Why developing a strong name, logo and aesthetic across all platforms is crucial
- Why a consistent voice and style must be part of everything you do - including your website, social media, and business cards
- Plus more!
Use these 10 secrets to build a brand that attracts your ideal market, accurately communicates your specialty and creates unique experiences for your clients.
Download 10 Branding Secrets for Photographers
Post Date: 8/6/2014 12:55:02 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Are you using Instagram and Facebook the right way to grow your photo business? Finding success through social media is not just about amassing followers. Instead, learn how to build a strong brand and increase potential work opportunities by sharing content that sparks engagement, including likes, shares, comments, and the most coveted – visits to your website.
In this upcoming webinar our own Amy Fitzgibbons, Director of Marketing at PhotoShelter, and Nathan Latka, Founder and CEO of Heyo, team up for a must-watch webinar on The Top 3 Ways to Get More Engagement with Your Imagery on Instagram and Facebook.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- 3 ways to get likes, comments, and shares on every photo you post
- How a photographer generated 2100 engagements on a simple photo concept you can copy
- 3 creative ideas to get your visitors to check out your website and purchase your work
- Plus more!
Thursday, August 7th
Register for the Free Webinar
Post Date: 8/5/2014 10:37:29 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
From Photoshelter: Are you using Instagram the right way?
In our latest guide, The Photographer’s Guide to Instagram, get tips to make the most of this powerful marketing tool to showcase your brand, build your audience, and even generate revenue.
In this guide, you’ll also learn:
- 10 ways to win at Instagram and take advantage of all its features
- Ideas to organically build your audience faster and smarter
- Why Instagram is a must-use tool to connect with photo editors
- Tips to measure your success
- Plus more!
Also get advice and inspiration from photographers having success on Instagram, amassing followings up to 830,000. How’d they do it? We asked and found out.
Download the free guide!
Post Date: 7/16/2014 1:35:39 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
From Photoshelter: Fashion photographers, this one's for you!
We’ve partnered up with Breed, an online community of fashion photographers, for our latest guide, Breaking Into Fashion Photography. Inside, get tips to market yourself right, establish your brand, approach photo buyers, and find work.
In this new guide, you’ll also learn:
- Tips to break into the industry and find clients
- Strategies to establish a lasting fashion photography brand
- Social media do’s and don’ts to help connect with dream clients online
- How outlets like New York Magazine’s The Cut want to be pitched
- The 5 biggest mistakes photographers make when submitting their work
- Plus more!
Also get advice from experienced fashion photographers like Lindsay Adler, Melissa Rodwell, Jonathan D Pryce and the founders of Bello Mag who have learned important lessons along the way on growing a successful fashion photography business.
Get the free guide!
Post Date: 6/24/2014 11:28:56 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
From Photoshelter: Learn from one of the world’s foremost authorities on Digital Asset Management, Peter Krogh.
Been meaning to get your photos organized for months (maybe even years)? Worried about losing your images or experienced the complete failure of a hard drive? Then this webinar is for you. Lightroom master Peter Krogh, will join us Wednesday, June 25th at 4pm ET to dive into all the in's and out's of Lightroom Storage Techniques.
Peter will dedicate a large portion of the webinar to taking viewers' questions - so get your questions prepped, tune in, and get ready to organize your images and streamline your workflow.
In this webinar Peter will cover :
- Primary storage vs. Backup storage
- Cloning your drives
- NAS and the personal cloud
- Cloud storage services
- Using SSD for speed, upgrading your current computer
Post Date: 6/18/2014 1:07:21 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Canon News, Nikon News Archives