AdoramaPix Presents "5 Simple Steps for Wedding Photographers" Webinar
After 13 years of photographing weddings, Libby of Studio 32 Photography is finally retiring. She's seen it all from ecstatic couples to stiff couples, from rainy days to bright days. In all of her weddings, there were 5 key strategy points which alleviated a lot of the stress and confusion between the bridal couple and the photographer. Join her as she shares with you the 5 steps to better communication and pictures. Date:
Wednesday, June 26Time:
9:00pm EST Register here
Adobe Reports Q2 2013 Financial Results
From Adobe: Creative Cloud Subscriptions Hit 700 Thousand; Adobe Marketing Cloud Bookings Grow Over 25 Percent SAN JOSE, Calif. — June 18, 2013
— Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today reported financial results for its second quarter of fiscal year 2013 ended May 31, 2013. Second Quarter Financial Highlights
- Adobe® achieved revenue of $1.011 billion, within its targeted range of $975 million to $1.025 billion.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.15 on a GAAP-basis, and $0.36 on a non-GAAP basis.
- Operating income was $111.3 million and net income was $76.5 million on a GAAP basis. Operating income was $247.3 million and net income was $182.9 million on a non-GAAP basis.
- Adobe ended Q2 with 700 thousand paid Creative Cloud™ subscriptions, an increase of 221 thousand when compared to the number of subscriptions as of the end of Q1 fiscal year 2013.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud quarterly revenue was $229.6 million, with bookings growth of greater than 25 percent.
A reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP results is provided at the end of this press release.
“Our Q2 results reflect our leadership position in Digital Media and Digital Marketing,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “Creative Cloud is revolutionizing the creative process, and Adobe Marketing Cloud is quickly becoming the platform of choice for the world's leading brands, advertising agencies and media companies.”
“Adoption of Creative Cloud continued to accelerate and we drove strong Adobe Marketing Cloud bookings growth in Q2,” said Mark Garrett, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Adobe.
Adobe to Webcast Earnings Conference Call
Adobe will webcast its second quarter fiscal year 2013 earnings conference call today at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time from its investor relations website: www.adobe.com/ADBE. A copy of Adobe management’s prepared remarks, including financial targets and conference call slides, has been posted to Adobe’s investor relations website in advance of the conference call for reference.
A reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP financial targets is also provided on the website.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclosure
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including those related to the transition of our business as we migrate to a subscription model, adoption of Creative Cloud and growth in revenue and bookings for Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions in our Digital Marketing business, which involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. Factors that might cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to: failure to develop, market and distribute products and services that meet customer requirements, introduction of new products and business models by competitors, failure to successfully manage transitions to new business models and markets, including our increased emphasis on a cloud and subscription strategy, fluctuations in subscription renewal or upgrade rates, continued uncertainty in economic conditions and the financial markets, difficulty in predicting revenue from new businesses and the potential impact on our financial results from changes in our business models, and failure to realize the anticipated benefits of past or future acquisitions.
For a discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, please refer to Adobe’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for fiscal year 2012, and Adobe’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q issued in fiscal year 2013.
The financial information set forth in this press release reflects estimates based on information available at this time. These amounts could differ from actual reported amounts stated in Adobe’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for our quarter ended May 31, 2013, which Adobe expects to file in June 2013.
Adobe assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update these forward-looking statements.
Refurbished Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera - $699.99 Shipped (Compare at $896.95 New)
has the Refurbished Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera
available for $699.99 with free shipping. Compare at $896.95.
Posted to: Nikon News
DateTime: 6/18/2013 4:58:48 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Domke Rolling Propack 217 Camera Bag - $84.99 Shipped (Reg. $199.99)
has the Domke Rolling Propack 217 Camera Bag
available for $84.99 with free shipping. Regularly $199.99. (thanks Rob)
Get Tapatalk Community Reader App for Free
To celebrate is four-year anniversary, Quoord Systems Limited is offering their Tapatalk Community Reader app (iOS
) for free.
Tapatalk is great for reading and replying to forum threads on the go. The app works especially well for keeping up with the latests posts on sites like The-Digital-Picture.com Community
Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - $35.95 Shipped (Reg. $52.95)
has the Sony 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
available for $35.95 with free shipping. Regularly $52.95.
Bower 35mm f/1.4 Wide-Angle Manual Lens - $379.00 Shipped (Reg. $449.00)
has the Bower 35mm f/1.4 Wide-Angle Manual Lens
(all mounts) available for $379.00 with free shipping. Compare at $449.00.
SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 Memory Card with Free Case - $33.95 Shipped (Reg. $40.77)
has the SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
available for $33.95 with free shipping. Regularly $40.77.
The memory card comes with a free Ruggard Memory Card Case for 8 SD Cards
Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX AF 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens for Nikon - $525.00 (Compare at $569.00)
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX AF 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens for Nikon
available for $525.00. Compare at $569.00. Note:
The Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX AF 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens for Canon
is also available for $545.00 (select the Canon mount on the right of the page).
Major Update to Adobe Creative Cloud Now Available
Includes Next Generation of “CC” Desktop Applications and Delivers New Community and Publishing Capabilities SAN JOSE, Calif. — June 17, 2013
— Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that a major update to Adobe® Creative Cloud™, the company’s flagship offering for creatives, is now available. Unveiled at Adobe MAX, The Creativity Conference, in early May and packed with new features, this Creative Cloud release reimagines the creative process through a stunning set of “CC” desktop applications and sophisticated cross-device collaboration and publishing capabilities. Creative files can be stored and shared, via Creative Cloud, on Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android; and Behance, the world’s leading online creative community, is now integrated with Creative Cloud, so customers can showcase work, get feedback on projects and gain global exposure.
“We’ve added a ton of new innovation to all our CC desktop apps like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. These apps include new features that increase productivity, streamline the effort to build mobile content and showcase some stunning new imaging and video science. And in addition to the traditional areas of innovation these apps are now connected to the powerful publishing and community features integral to the Creative Cloud experience,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Media, Adobe. “And with even more great updates coming to Creative Cloud throughout the year, we can’t wait to see the incredible work our customers are going to deliver.”
With Creative Cloud, publishing finished work has never been easier, with enhanced services that build and power websites, mobile apps, tablet publications, online portfolios, and content for virtually any medium and device. Adobe Creative Cloud Powers Frictionless Creative Workflows
This milestone update to Creative Cloud simplifies the entire creative process. Core features include:
- Creative Cloud Experience on the Desktop. With the new Creative Cloud desktop app, your entire creative world is synced and organized across your desktop, website, and mobile device. You can stay connected to work on Behance; track feedback; and install and manage apps and updates. More features will be added soon to manage your files and desktop fonts within this same experience.
- Integration With The World’s Leading Creative Community. With Behance now integrated with Creative Cloud, members are able to publish their own portfolios, follow other creatives, publish work-in-progress from within a growing number of CC apps and solicit feedback from the worldwide creative community. Over 1.4 million creatives globally are part of the Behance network.
- Store, Share and Collaborate. All files and assets can be shared between the desktop, cloud and mobile devices. A designer can take a photo on their iPad, use Photoshop® Touch to refine the photo while on the go, then access that file, via the cloud, and use Photoshop CC on their Mac or Windows PC to further enhance the image. Designers can send files to view, download or comment. Individual members receive 20GB of storage.
- Seamless Publishing. Creative Cloud members have access to the services necessary to publish highly personalized portfolio websites using Behance ProSite, high-impact digital publications for iPad using Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) Single Edition, and PhoneGap™ Build to create and publish mobile apps for any device. Adobe Typekit features an unmatched library of old-classic to new-favorite fonts for use on websites and, coming soon in an update to Creative Cloud, creatives will also be able to quickly find the perfect fonts in the growing Adobe Typekit library, sync them to their computer, and have them immediately available for use in any desktop application. Full Creative Cloud members will soon have access to over 700 fonts, installed with a single click.
New Family of CC Desktop Applications Available Exclusively to Creative Cloud Members
This update to Creative Cloud includes the next generation of 15 Adobe desktop applications -- including Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign® CC, Illustrator® CC, Dreamweaver® CC, Premiere® Pro CC and more. Adobe Creative Cloud includes more than 30 tools and services that enable professional-grade content creation and delivery across print, web, mobile apps, video and photography.
Hundreds of new features are included in these latest versions of Adobe’s industry-defining desktop tools. Innovations include:
- Photoshop CC ships with new sharpening technologies and designer workflow enhancements. Camera Shake Reduction deblurs images that would have otherwise been lost due to camera movement. All-new Smart Sharpen makes texture and detail pop, and Adobe Camera Raw 8 adds even more powerful photographic controls to straighten and perfect images. Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC are the first Adobe desktop applications to include the ability to post files directly to Behance, showcasing work immediately and integrating peer feedback into the creative process.
- For designers, the Touch Type tool in Illustrator CC offers a new level of creativity with type. Move, scale, and rotate text characters knowing that it remains editable. This feature works with a mouse, stylus or multi-touch device. Illustrator also enables painting with a brush made from a photo. Art, Pattern, and Scatter brushes can contain raster images, so designers can create complex organic designs quickly, with simple brush strokes. And Illustrator CC features integration with Behance, so work can be shared directly to Behance to get feedback and showcase projects. A new, modern architecture for InDesign CC turbocharges performance, and in-browser editing in Adobe Muse™ CC – a tool for designers to create and publish HTML websites without writing code – allows clients to make edits to a published website, which can then be reviewed, approved, and updated by the designer.
- For video customers Adobe Premiere Pro CC includes dramatic new editing features, customizations and improvements to help editors workefficiently. Premiere Pro CC integrates powerful color workflows, with the addition of the Lumetri™ Deep Color Engine to easily apply rich color grading looks. A high-impact version of Adobe After Effects® CC brings motion graphics and visual effects artists more creative possibilities and allows them to work more easily in 3D with the new Live 3D Pipeline with Maxon Cinema4D integration. There are also all-new versions of Adobe SpeedGrade CC, Audition® CC, Prelude™ CC and Adobe Story CC Plus.
Adobe Create Now
To mark this introduction, Adobe has also launched Create Now: a Celebration of Creativity. Over the course of the program’s first month Adobe will host a variety of collaborative art projects, commemorate the birthday of a design icon and provide a forum for creatives to use Adobe tools to express themselves in fun, engaging and unexpected ways. More information is available at: http://adobe.ly/createnow.
Membership Plans and Availability
This major update to Creative Cloud is available now. Current Creative Cloud members receive all of this innovation as part of their existing membership, at no extra cost. Special promotional pricing is available to existing customers who own CS3 or later. Individual, education, team, government and enterprise membership plans are available. For pricing details, visit: Adobe.com.
Arca Swiss Z1g+ Monoball Now Available
Announced at Photokina 2012
, the Arca Swiss Z1g+ Monoball with Classic Quick Set
is now in available at Adorama
. The Arca Swiss Z1g+ Flip Lock
version remains out of stock but is available for preorder.
Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm & 55-200mm NIKKOR DX Lenses - $496.95
has a Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm & 55-200mm NIKKOR DX Lens Bundle
available for $496.95 with free shipping and 2% Rewards
. Bundle Includes:
- Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera
- Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II Lens
- Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Lens
- Lexar 16GB Platinum II Series 200x Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
- Power2000 EN-EL14 Replacement Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
Posted to: Nikon News
DateTime: 6/17/2013 5:32:02 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro Notebook Computer with Retina Display - $1,849.00 (Reg. $2,099.00)
has the Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro Notebook Computer with Retina Display
available for $1,849.00 with free shipping. Regularly $2,099.00.
Zoom H6 Handy Digital Audio Recorder Available for Preorder
Westcott Announces New Line of Pro Softboxes
Westcott`s new line of PRO softboxes offer the same amazing high quality found on the 1000w softboxes for a fraction of the cost. For use with hot lights, strobes or LED`s these softboxes are a perfect fit for any photographer or videographer. Westcott boxes feature only the finest quality fabrics and are backed by a 5 year warranty. Diffusion materials are among the purest on the market meaning virtually no colour shift. FEATURES INCLUDE:
- 5-year warranty
- Double layer heat shield fabric
- Sprung Steel Rods
- Tent Style Vents
- Up to 500 watts
16" x 22" Pro Softbox
24" x 32" Pro Softbox
36" x 48" Pro Softbox
Adorama has the Westcott Pro Softboxes available with free shipping.
Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens - $299.00 (Compare at $399.00)
(via BuyDig) has the Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Lens
(Canon/Nikon) available for $299.00 with free shipping. Compare at $399.00.
Spring into Savings with 80% Off Canvas Prints
is continuing their Father's Day special on Canvas Prints
– that's 80% off
on any standard or thick gallery wrap.
|11x14||$13.60 ||$17.60 |
Refurbished Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens - $529.00 Shipped (Compare at $846.95 New)
has the Refurbished Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Lens
available for $529.00 with free shipping. Compare at $846.95 new.
Posted to: Nikon News
DateTime: 6/14/2013 11:54:20 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Zoom Announces H6 Handy Digital Audio Recorder
From Zoom: World's first six-track portable recorder, featuring a revolutionary system of interchangeable input capsules Ronkonkoma, New York: June 14, 2013
— Zoom North America has announced the release of the all-new H6 Handy Recorder.
The H6 is the most advanced portable recorder ever introduced. It offers six tracks of simultaneous recording and employs an innovative system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lenses of a camera. Four capsules are available: stereo X/Y and MS (Mid-Side), both included with the H6, and Shotgun and dual XLR/TRS combo capsules, available as options.
The H6 can be attached to a camera strap or mounted directly to a DSLR or camcorder, and its large full-color display makes it easy to view recording and playback levels even in low-light environments. It records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128 gigabytes in a variety of MP3 and BWF-compliant WAV file formats, including 24-bit / 96k for the ultimate in high-definition audio. Four XLR/TRS combo jacks enable the connection of external microphones or line-level devices. Each input has its own dedicated gain control and pad switch, as well as phantom power in three different voltages.
Other features include a stereo Line Out for connection to camcorders; a headphone jack and built-in speaker; onboard effects, metronome and chromatic tuner; adjustable playback speed and pitch correction; and Pre-record, Auto-record and Backup-record functions. A USB port enables data transfer to and from audio editing software and allows the H6 to serve as a multichannel audio interface for computers and tablets.
"The H6 will provide users with a totally new level of performance and possibilities," said Scott Hagen, Vice President of Sales and Strategic Planning for Zoom North America. "We believe it's poised to become a legacy recorder that will stand the test of time."
The Zoom H6 will be available in stores July 2013. B&H
has the Zoom H6 Handy Recorder
available for preorder.
Samsung 8GB Galaxy Tab 2 Android Tablet - $169.00 Shipped (Reg. $199.00)
has the Samsung 8GB Galaxy Tab 2 Android Tablet
available for $169.00 with free shipping. Regularly $199.00. Amazon
also has the tablet
for the same price. Features:
- WSVGA 1024 x 600 PLS TFT Touch Display
- Internal 1GB RAM & 1GHz Dual-Core CPU
- Integrated 8GB Flash Storage Capacity
- Up to 32GB MicroSD Card Slot Expansion
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- Full HD Playback & Full HD Recording
- WiFi & Bluetooth V 3.0
- Front VGA Camera, Rear 3MP Camera
- Features Samsung TouchWiz & Media Hub
- Free Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OTA Update
AdoramaPix Announces Pro Memberships
We are very excited to announce a new program for our members. It’s our Adoramapix Account Plans. We will now offer three levels of membership: Basic, Plus and Pro
. The three levels are designed to accommodate all of our members from consumers to prosumers to professionals.
Everyone is eligibile for the free Basic account and paid memberships start at $34.95 a year. You can view the plans
, their benefits and their costs on our website. Membership Details:
|Price||FREE||$34.95 / year||$69.95 / year|
|Temporary Image storage ||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Long-term Image storage||3 Gb||25 Gb||Unlimited|
|Max File Size ||60 Mb||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Unbranded Links to Photo books||✗||✓||✓|
|End of year rebate (PixBux) ||✗||✗||✓|
|PDF download of photo books ||✗||✗||✓|
|Free standard shipping on orders $35.00+ ||✗||✗||✓|
|Free in store pick-up on orders||$20.00+ ||Any||Any|
Sigma Corporation Announces Pricing and Availability for 18-35mm f/1.8 lens
From Sigma: RONKONKOMA, N.Y., — June 14, 2013
— Sigma Corporation of America, a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world’s most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, today announced that its new Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art lens will arrive in the United States early July for the street price of $799.
As the market’s first zoom lens to achieve a maximum aperture of F1.8 throughout the entire zoom range, the 18-35mm was created for DSLR cameras with APS-C size sensors, which translates to a focal range of 27-52.5mm on a 35mm camera. This lens will be available early July in Sigma and Canon mounts, with Nikon, Sony and Pentax mounts to follow.
“Sigma users are really excited about this lens. They’ve been watching the new Art line very closely – and their reaction to our initial announcement of this lens has been fantastic,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “More than 50 years of innovating with photography equipment has helped us build new generation lenses like the 18-35mm F1.8. We’re confident that photographers who focus on landscape, portrait, still-life, studio, close-up and casual shots will love this lens.”
The 18-35mm F1.8 is the latest addition to the company’s Art line of lenses, designed under the new Global Vision. The Global Vision lenses have a sleek new design with the manufacturing year stamped on the barrel, and are categorized by use into one of three groups: Art, Contemporary and Sports. The Art category delivers high-level artistic expression through sophisticated and abundant expressive power.
The new 18-35mm F1.8 lens features Sigma’s improved AF/MF switch and the use of Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) compound material, which has a high affinity to metal parts, consistently performs well at extreme temperatures, and reduces the size and weight of the lens. The lens’ Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high contrast images, even in backlit conditions. Sigma’s Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures a silent, high-speed AF function, while its nine-blade, rounded diaphragm creates an attractive, round bokeh at large-aperture settings.
The 18-35mm F1.8 lens is also compatible with Sigma’s new USB Dock, which is available for the street price of $59, enabling photographers to update lens firmware and adjust focus parameters from their computers. Preorder Opportunities: B&H
Rokinon 16mm f/2.0 ED AS UMC CS Lens Availalbe for Preorder
Tokina Announces AT-X 12-28mm f/4 Lens
From Tokina: Wide Zoom Range
The new Tokina AT-X 12-28mmF/4lens has a super-wide to standard zoom range while maintaining a constant fast f/4.0 aperture. This makes ita very versatile lens for different photo applications such as scenery, street scenes photography and event coverage. The lens is designed for DSLR cameras with APS-C (DX) sized sensors. New Optical Design
A new optical design using aspherical elements and super-low dispersion glass matches even the highest mega-pixel DX sensors cameras available today.
One asphericallenselement is positioned in the front group. This together with another precision molded glass aspherical lens element placed in the rear group ideally focuses marginal light rays andmaintains sharpness at the edgeswhile also correcting distortion. The use of two different SD(Super-low Dispersion)glass elements,typeFK01 and FK03,correctschromatic aberration. The combination of all these specialized elements in the optical design yield excellent sharpness and color. New Auto Focus Mechanism
The new AF “GMR magnetic precision” control sensor is capable offastauto-focus. Tokina placed the new sensor closerto the drive unit in the lens for faster communicationbetween the controller and AF motor. This combined with the motor's high-precision focus control yields faster, more accurate auto-focus.
Additionally, a brand new “SD-M” (Silent Drive-Module) has greatly lowered the sounds emitted by the auto focusdrive system allowing for much quieter AF. Both Canon and Nikon mounts have a built-in AF motor to make them auto-focus compatible with all current camera bodies. Compact Body Design
The Tokin AT-X 12-28mmF/4 compact designmakes the lens easy to carry and handle. Manual focus is achieved through Tokina's one-touch focus clutch AF/MF mechanism. Simply slide the manual focus ring forward for auto-focus or back for manual focus operation. The lens focus ringis damped in the manual mode for smooth and precise focusing.
In addition thelens has a 77mm filter size allowing filters such as the Hoya HD2low-profilecircular polarizer or UV to be used. Specifications
Focal Length: 12-28MM
Equivalent Focal Length:18-42MM Nikon / 19-45MM Canon
Maximum Aperture: F/4
Minimum Aperture: F/22
Optical Construction: 14 Elements / 12 Groups
Coatings: Multi-layer coatings
Angle of View: 99.37° –54.73°
Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8 in. (25cm)
Reproduction Ratio: 1:4.94
Zooming System: Rotary Zoom
Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9curved blades
Filter Size: 77mm
Maximum Outer Diameter: 3.31n. (84mm)
Dimensions: 3.31in. (84mm) x 3.54L in. (90mm)
Weight:: 18.70 oz. (530g)
Lens Hood: BH-77B
Mount Availability: Canon, Nikon
Est. Street Price: $599.00 B&H
has the Tokina 12-28mm f/4.0 AT-X Pro Lens
available for preorder.