From Eyefi: To Our Eye-Fi X2 and Earlier Generation Product Customers:
This message is for customers that purchased an Eye-Fi Pro X2 or earlier generation products prior to March 2015. Effective today, June 30th 2016, we will no longer be offering support for our legacy product lines, a complete list of which appears below. This notice formally begins the final stage of the “end-of-life” (EOL) process started in mid-2015 for the affected products. It’s very important that customers cease using these products no later than September 16, 2016 as some key services these products rely on will be shut down at that time.
All customers who have a Mobi or Mobi Pro products purchased since 2013 are not affected by this announcement.
We began EOL on these product lines in 2015 largely driven by technological obsolescence of some of the key technologies included in these products. The primary technologies relate to Internet security and authentication mechanisms that were state-of-the-art in 2007 when we built them into our products but have since proven to be vulnerable. Since mid-2015 we have been offering migration services free of charge for Customers who have paid Eyefi Premium accounts. We will continue to offer this service migrating your Eyefi View data to Eyefi Cloud. You can request a migration here
. For those customers that wish to use an Eyefi Mobi Pro card in place of their earlier generation products, we have also made a limited quantity available at a deep discount, see details here
if you wish to take advantage of this offer.
Please note that we will maintain our customer service Web site and content for all customers. The support site includes detailed explanations for how to accomplish migration to Eyefi Mobi/Mobi Pro and Eyefi Cloud services. We are grateful to all the customers around the world that used Eye-Fi products in the past as well as for our newest customers. The EOL of a product line is always difficult and we have made every effort to minimize the impact of this change on our customers. Thanks for your loyalty and understanding. LISTING OF IMPACTED PRODUCTS
Customers with Eye-Fi 1.0 product line and Eye-Fi Premium subscriptions will be impacted by this EOL process. Effective September 16, 2016 the following products may no longer operate:
Eye-Fi 1.0 Products:
- All original pre-X2 products (Original, Home, Share, Explore, Video Share, Video Explore, Pro)
- 4GB Geo X2
- 4GB Connect X2
- 8GB Explore X2
- 8GB Mobile X2
- 8GB Pro X2
- 16GB Pro X2
- Visioneer X2
- Sandisk X2
- Eye-Fi Windows desktop software (Eye-Fi Center)
- Eye-Fi Mac desktop software (Eye-Fi Center)
- Eye-Fi app for iOS
- Eye-Fi app for Android
- Eye-Fi Center web app
The Mobi, Mobi Pro and Eyefi Cloud products and applications are unaffected and will remain operational with continued future developments. Frequently Asked Questions
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT DIRECT MODE CONFIGURATIONS WILL CONTINUE FUNCTIONING AFTER THE SEPTEMBER 16, 2016 SHUT DOWN.
- I just purchased an X2 card, why isn’t it supported?
Eye-Fi began phasing out sales of the X2 product line in 2012. The last version produced by the company were sold through authorized channels in the United States in March, 2015. Although Eye-Fi stopped shipments of these products via authorized channels, some units were still available from third party sellers and after-market resellers. Eye-Fi’s warranty period for the affected products purchased through our authorized channels has expired.
- Will I still be able to create an Eye-Fi Center account after September 16th?
No, you will not be able to create an Eye-Fi Center account or log in to an existing Eye-Fi Center account.
- Can I still download and install Eye-Fi Center applications after September 16th?
The Eye-Fi Center applications can be installed, but since account creation and logging in will no longer work, these applications will not be functional.
- Will I be able to use my Eye-Fi 1.0 card after September 16, 2016?
Certain functions, such as Direct Mode, may not be directly impacted by our end of life process. If you wish to try Direct Mode you will need to set it up prior to the end of life date. You can find instructions on how to set up direct mode here for Android and here for iOS. Please note that while Direct Mode may not be directly affected, Eye-Fi applications will no longer be updated for operating system updates, and their functionality is not guaranteed - additionally, no support will be provided either for the setup or functionality of Direct Mode.
results from the Canon EOS 5Ds R
, 1Ds Mark III
and 7D Mark II
have been added to the Samyang 135mm f/2 ED UMC Lens
(also branded as Rokinon, Bower, etc.) page.
You are going to like what you see from this lens, especially for the price. Here are some comparisons: Samyang 135mm f/2 compared to the Canon EF 135mm f/2L lensSamyang 135mm f/2 compared to the Zeiss 135mm f/2 lens
A full review of this lens is planned. B&H
has the Samyang 135mm f/2 ED UMC Lens
If you are a USA resident, I am sure you are keenly aware of the explosive holiday that is approaching. Of course, I'm talking about Independence Day (July 4th) and with it brings an excellent opportunity for festive image making.
As you enjoy the colorful explosions this year, be sure to bring along your camera to capture the action. Here are a few basic tips:
- Arrive early and find out exactly where the fireworks will be setting off from at your chosen location. Use this information to plan your optimal shooting location, keeping in mind various elements that might be used as a background.
- Choose a wider focal length to capture background elements in your fireworks photos; choose telephoto focal length to isolate the explosions. A general purpose zoom works well and allows you to capture a wide range of framings without the need to change lenses.
- Use a sturdy tripod to allow you to capture the fireworks from their lift off point to explosion. The trails leading back from the explosions will help viewers' eyes wonder around the image.
- Bring a shutter release cable for a more relaxed style of shooting. It's easy to enjoy the fireworks from a folding chair and still get compelling images with a cable release trigger in your hand.
Want to get creative? Check out these posts on capturing fireworks:
And if you plan on shooting off fireworks off this year (or plan on being in close proximity to them), please BE SAFE
and enjoy the celebration!
Thank you for purchasing and using our products.
We would like to announce the availability of a new firmware update for the SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports in Nikon mount and the SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary in Nikon mount. This firmware update can be installed using SIGMA Optimization Pro.
The lens firmware update corrects the phenomenon of overexposure when the lens is attached to the SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 on Nikon Digital SLR camera “D500”, released by NIKON CORPORATION.
For customers who own the following applicable products and also SIGMA USB DOCK, please update the lens firmwareusing SIGMA Optimization Pro.
For customers who do not own SIGMA USB DOCK, the lens firmware update will be provided free of charge. Please contact your nearest authorized subsidiary/distributor of SIGMA. Applicable products
Benefit of this firmware update
- SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports – Nikon mount
- SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary - Nikon mount
- It has corrected the phenomenon that it shows some overexposure when it is attached with SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 on Nikon D500.
* For customers who are using SIGMA Optimization Pro Ver1.1 or earlier, please ensure to update it to Ver1.3 from the Optimization Pro download page
before updating the lens firmware.
B&H carries the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
, 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary
& USB Dock
has the Bolt CBP-C1 Compact Battery Pack (Canon/Nikon)
available for $44.95 with free shipping. Regularly $74.95. Product Highlights
- Extends Portable Flash Capacity
- Up to 595 Flashes Per Charge
- Fast Recycle Times Up to 1.24 Sec
- Thermal Switch Prevents Overheating
- Option of Using 4 or 8 AA Batteries
- Alkaline, Lithium or Ni-MH Batteries