Hot Deal: FocusCamera
has the Induro CT314 Carbon 8X Tripod
available for $399.95 with free shipping. Compare at $550.00. Product Highlights
Note from Sean:
- Height - 24.2" Folded / 74.2" Extended
- Load Capacity - 39.6 lbs
- Ultra Lightweight Carbon Fiber
- Dust & Moisture Resistant Leg Locks
- Half-Turn Leg Lock Mechanisms
- 3-Position Adjustable Angle Leg Locks
- Interchangeable Rubber Feet and Stainless Steel Spikes
- Closed Cell Foam Grip on all 3 Legs
- Weight - 5 lbs
this tripod. It's been my primary tripod for almost 18 months now and I couldn't be happier with it (I use it very often). It's not necessarily the best tripod for hiking as it's a bit heavy, but for everyday use, it's an excellent, solidly built choice.
I'm 6'2" tall, and I usually use the tripod without the smallest leg sections extended. However, I love the that this tripod can extend over my head if necessary (and I have used it that way on a few occasions). Paired with an amazing ball head – like the Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1
– this a tripod that will work well for many photographers.
In fact, I was just using the tripod yesterday while testing out some new equipment. You can see the top part of the tripod in the left part of the image below.