From Gitzo UK: New Gitzo Center Ball Heads 08/10/2015
– Gitzo, pioneer in developing some of the most advanced and revolutionary technologies for camera accessories and supports, is proud to introduce a completely new range of Center Ball Heads, representing the state-of-the-art in the heads’ field and focusing on ultimate smoothness and precision.
The Center Ball Heads are dedicated to pros and advanced amateur photographers and are engineered and developed to be the ideal complements to Gitzo’s top of the range tripods. The new heads are available in three sizes ideal for Gitzo’s Traveler and Mountaineer tripods. SMOOTHNESS AND PRECISION
The new Center Ball Heads are coated with tungsten disulphide - one of the smoothest materials around. With an extremely efficient locking mechanism and the use of hard metal components under and around the ball, this mechanism provides comfortable friction onto the ball meaning it can be locked with minimal effort while avoiding unwanted deforming or drifting. COMFORTABLE CONTROL OF MOVEMENT
All three models feature an independent pan lock, making it possible to take panoramic photos or make horizontal adjustments for perfect framing. Friction control is also available in the GH1382QD and GH3382QD. Located in the ball lock knob it functions independently allowing the ball lock to have a quick locking without sacrificing movement and safety INTUITIVE QUICK RELEASE SYSTEM
The plate is locked with a screw-knob, which makes the system compact, light, and intuitive, while being flexible to accept most Arca-Swiss style plates. PERFECT MATCH FOR THE GITZO TRIPODS
The new Center Ball Heads have slim, curved forms and are aesthetically outstanding with a triangular accent, and matte grey plated steel top casings. Dimensions and colourings are designed to match perfectly with Gitzo’s Traveler and Mountaineer Tripods.
The new Center Ball Head range features the following:
- Center Ball Head Series 1 Traveler Quick Release D (GH1382TQD)
- Center Ball Head Series 1 Quick Release D (GH1382QD)
- Center Ball Head Series 3 Quick Release D (GH3382QD) – Available mid November
The new Center Ball Heads are also included in the brand new Traveler Tripod Kits, as well as in Mountaineer Tripod Kits.
B&H has the Gitzo GH1382TQD
Center Ball Heads available for preorder.
New Gitzo Traveler Tripods Range 08/10/2015
– Gitzo, pioneer in developing some of the most advanced and revolutionary technologies for camera accessories and supports is proud to introduce the new Traveler Tripod range. Boasting the 180° leg folding mechanism pioneered by Gitzo, the range is now even stronger thanks to the state of the art “Carbon eXact” tubes.
The perfect travelling companion for photographers when shooting whilst on trips, the new Traveler range features the slimmest Series 0 for the first time, whilst the Series 1 and 2 models feature an improved height. CARBON EXACT – STRONGER LEGS
The new Traveler Tripods boast the ground breaking Carbon eXact tubes: stiffer than the antecedents’ Carbon 6X tubes, the new tubes include High Modulus carbon fibre, and have larger tube diameters. For example, the lowest leg section of the Series 1, 5-section tripod has a diameter of 40% larger than the predecessor TRAVELER G-LOCK – SPACE SAVING AND ERGONOMIC
Traveler G-lock is the new, compact leg lock system dedicated to Traveler Tripods. The new, curved external form provides good grip, whilst the internal O-ring achieves softer operation and reduces dust and grit entering the locks. The more efficient use of space makes it possible to have taller tripods with compact folded lengths.
The new range:Series 0 – Models GT0545T / GK0545T-82TQD (with head):
Added to the Traveler family for the first time the slimmest Series 0 is the lightest tripod in the new Traveler range, but thanks to the stiff Carbon eXact tubes it provides a rigid, stable base when in use. It is a 4-section tripod with short closed length and short extended height.
Series 1 – Models GT1555T / GK1555T-82TQD (with head) and GT1545T / GK1545T-82TQD (with head):
- Traveler Tripod Series 0 Carbon 4 sections (GT0545T)
- Traveler Kit, Ser.0 4 sec tripod GT0545T + head (GK0545T-82TQD)
The Series 1 tripods are the perfect balance between lightweight when carrying, and height and rigidity when shooting. The 5 section Traveler has an outstanding height / closed length ratio, while the 4 section Traveler is much taller than its predecessor thanks to the space efficient Traveler G-lock.
Series 2 – Models GT2545T / GK2545T-82QD (with head):
- Traveler Tripod Series 1 Carbon 5 sections (GT1555T)
- Traveler Kit, Ser.1 5 sec tripod GT1555T + head GH1382TQD (GK1555T-82TQD with head)
- Traveler Tripod Series 1 Carbon 4 sections (GT1545T)
- Traveler Kit, Ser.1 4 sec tripod GT1545T + head GH1382TQD (GK1545T-82TQD with head)
With the largest tube diameters among Traveler tripods, Series 2 is ideal for photographers using longer lenses or requiring the highest stability. The feet are interchangeable with Gitzo’s optional feet, such as spikes and large feet.
Series 2 Monopod – GM2562T:
- Traveler Tripod Series 2 Carbon 4 sections (GT2545T)
- Traveler Kit, Ser.2 4 sec tripod GT2545T + head GH1382QD (GK2545T-82QD with head)
The Series 2 Monopod now features the Carbon eXact Tubes, the Traveler G-Lock and a new, more stable foot.
- Monopod Series 2 Carbon 6 sections Traveler (GM2562T)
Available from 10th August in selected stockists.
B&H has the following new Gitzo items available for purchase: Series 0 Traveler Tripods Series 1 Traveler Tripods Series 2 Traveler Tripods Series 2 Traveler Monopod