TAMRON UNVEILS AF28-300MM F/3.5-6.3 XR DI VC LD
ASPHERICAL (IF) MACRO EQUIPPED WITH PROPRIETARY VIBRATION COMPENSATION MECHANISM
AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO (Model A20)
Mr. Morio Ono, President of Tamron Co., Ltd., has announced the successful development of the AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO zoom lens, a high power zoom lens designed for SLR cameras with full-size format(Model A20), now equipped with a Vibration Compensation (VC) mechanism. The AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC is the ultimate high power zoom lens that covers everything from wide-angle to telephoto and macro. Tamron has incorporated a Vibration Compensator, an anti-shake mechanism developed by Tamron, into the highly versatile zoom lens. The new AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO zoom lens offers the convenience, comfort and versatility of a high power zoom lens and the capability to reduce hand-shake blur on SLR cameras using either APS-C size or full size format imagers.
When the AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC is used with a full size format SLR camera, it covers the tremendous focal length range from 28mm in wide angle to 300mm ultra telephoto. When mounted on a DSLR with an APS-C sized imager, the lens covers a 43mm wide angle to 465mm equivalent ultra telephoto* (full size format equivalent, in a diagonal angle of view of 5°20').
(*) The ratio Tamron uses to convert from full size format to APS-C focal length is 1.55X.
1. VC (Vibration Compensation) Mechanism Reduces Hand-shake The proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism developed by Tamron features a triaxial configuration using three pairs of driving coils and slide balls around the compensator group of the lens' optical system. Since the compensator lenses are supported with rolling friction of the balls, the response performance is enhanced and the construction is simple, which results in the compactness of the lens. The lens incorporate a highly accurate gyro sensor for detecting hand-shake, which, combined with a 32-bit RISC CPU, offers comfortable anti-vibration effects.
2. Outstanding Design Realizing High Zoom Power, VC Mechanism and Compactness The AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.5 XR Di VC integrates optical technologies that Tamron has accumulated as the pioneer and leader of high power zoom lenses in order to realize the desired compactness even while incorporating the VC mechanism. The optical system uses a number of lens elements made from special optical glass materials including XR (high refraction index) glass elements, GM (glass-molded aspherical lens) elements, hybrid aspherical elements, LD (low dispersion) glass elements to compensate for on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations and AD (anomalous dispersion) glass element. The lens offers high contrast, high resolution performance and flatness of the image field as a one-does-it-all zoom lens designed to match the characteristics of DSLR cameras.
3. Revolutionary MFD of 0.49m (19.3") throughout the Zoom Range Provides 1:3 Macro Magnification Ratio The AF28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD MACRO boasts an MFD (minimum focusing distance) of 0.49m (19.3") over the entire zoom range, a top-class closing focusing capability among high power zoom lenses for full-size format SLR cameras, which provides the remarkable maximum macro magnification ratio of 1:3 at the 300mm telephoto end.
4. Internal Surface Coatings Minimize Ghosting and Flare Through the use of "Internal Surface Coatings" (i.e., multiple-layer coatings on cemented surfaces of plural elements) and multiple-layer coatings to prevent reflections from lens surfaces, ghosting and flare due to reflections that occur when light enters through the front element as well as reflections caused by the imager itself in the mirror box are reduced to the absolute minimum.
5. Ultra-high Zoom Power, yet Lightweight and Compact Design Thanks to New Mechanical Devices Tamron has reviewed the roles that respective barrel parts play in order to achieve the high power, compactness and light weight. As a result, dimensional increases are confined to a mere 17.8mm (0.7") in overall length and about 5mm(0.2") in diameter, when compared with the existing AF28-300mm (Model A061), despite the incorporation of the VC mechanism.
6. Zoom Lock Mechanism for Enhanced Portability The zoom lock prevents unwanted barrel extension when carrying the lens/camera combination over the shoulder.
7. Flower-shaped Lens Hood A flower-shaped lens hood is included as a standard accessory. The special hood provides optimum shading of superfluous light rays that enter from the rectangular frame outside the image field.
|Angle of View||75°23'-8°15'|
|Lens Construction||18 elements /13 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||0.49m (entire zoom range)|
|Maximum Mag. Ratio||1:3 (at f=300mm, MFD=0.49m)|
|Overall Length||99mm *|
|Diaphragm Blades||9 blades|
|Minimum Aperture||F/22-F/40 (28mm - 300mm)|
|Standard Accessory||Flower-shaped hood|
|Compatible Mount||Canon and Nikon|
ACDSee News Adobe News Apple News Arca Swiss News Datacolor News Delkin News DxO News ExpoImaging News Gitzo News Hoya News Kingston News Kirk Enterprises News Lastolite News Lensbaby News Lexar News Manfrotto News Metz News Microsoft News Lowepro News Phase One News Photogenic News PhotoShelter News PocketWizard News Redrock Micro News Rode News Samyang News SanDisk News Schneider Kreuznach News Sigma News Tamron News Tenba News Think Tank Photo News THK Photo Products News Tokina News X-Rite News Zeiss News
Deals & Shopping News
Photography Deals (No Photography Deals)
Canon Deals Nikon Deals Sigma Deals Tamron Deals Tokina Deals Memory Card Deals Adobe Deals Lowepro Deals Think Tank Photo Deals
In Stock Notices Canon Preorders Nikon Preorders
Canon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Nikon Refurbished Cameras and Lenses
Canon Camera and Lens Rebates
Nikon Camera and Lens Rebates
Tamron Lens Rebates
Canon Firmware Updates
Canon Service Notices
Canon Owners Manuals
Canon Financial Results
Canon Professional Services CPS
Canon Cinema EOS
Canon USA News
Canon Canada News
Canon UK News
Canon AU News
Canon Digital Photo Professional